Hey guys! Vegan cookies, my first VEGAN recipe on my blog! Of course I had to try recreate one of my most popular recipes on my blog. I wanted to make them taste as close to my usual recipe and I think I did a very good job! They are gooey, chewy and crispy and they taste unbelievable!
You only have to substitute 2 ingredients to make them exactly the same. Vegan butter and I used apple sauce instead of egg. I used smooth apple sauce but if you can only buy chunky you can just push it through a sieve. I also use my callebaut 55% chocolate chips which are vegan. They are dark chocolate but not too high in cocoa percentage so they work fantastic in this vegan cookies!
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these vegan chocolate chip cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them. These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
If anyone has any Vegan requests just DM me and I will add it to the list. These cookies are also so handy if you want to bake something for someone who can’t eat dairy or eggs. They do not lack in flavour at all. They are super delicious!!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Vegan NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies ! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Vegan NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Baking tray
- Electric whisk
- Baking paper
- 115 grams Vegan Butter (Room temp)
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 60 grams Caster sugar
- 70 grams Smooth Apple sauce
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 250 grams Vegan Chocolate chips (or bar chopped up)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and apple sauce and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix.
- Portion up 7 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 120g each.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 210C/ 190C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 3 at a time as they are big!Bake for 12 minutes then remove from the oven and tap gently on the counter. Place them back into the oven for about 2 more minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- Leave to cool for about 15 minutes then tuck in!
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes. ENJOY!! <3
- Chill cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them.
- You can use any vegan butter alternative, I used flora vegan block.
- You can keep these cookies in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them.
- These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up in the oven or for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave or pop them in the air fryer (Best way to reheat)
- You can replace some of the flour with cocoa powder to make them double chocolate. Approx 40g
If you make this Vegan NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes