Hey everyone! I lovely basic recipe for you today. I get a lot of requests for Vanilla cupcakes so here we are…Ish! I wanted to brighten this up and use one of my favourite childhood biscuits to decorate.
Feel free too adapt this recipe how you want and keep it super simple with a vanilla cake and plain vanilla buttercream. Or if you wanted to jazz tis recipe up a core would be delicious! A Jam or a white chocolate ganache would be amazing! I have a white chocolate ganache core recipe on my Red velvet cupcake recipe if you want to use that.
When it comes to the pink buttercream, please do not use liquid pink food colouring. You need to use a food gel, the stuff you find in the supermarket isn’t great its super watery and it will ruin your buttercream. Some supermarkets will sell a gel colouring. I normally get mine online at www.sugarsisters.ie. They have everything you need when it comes to baking.
If you don’t want to make a full batch feel free to half this recipe and make 6. This is a really simple recipe that is perfect for any party! They look so good and they will be such a nostalgic hit with everyone!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Vanilla Party Ring Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
- 175g Butter
- 175g Caster sugar
- 175g Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of Sprinkles (Optional)
- 170g Unsalted butter
- 340g Icing sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Drop of Pink food gel
- 2-3 teaspoons of milk (To thin out till pipeable)
- 24 Party rings
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Line your cupcake tray with your preferred cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your Vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Sieve flour into the mix and gently fold. (Add in your sprinkles now if you are using them)
- Fold in milk to loosen the batter slightly.
- Spoon the cupcake mix into your cupcake cases evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar in 3 separate batches until incorporated well.
- Add in the Vanilla and pink food gel. I used enough food gel to make a pale pink colour.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes and decorate with Party rings and sprinkles.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes