Hello Everyone! Triple Chocolate Chip NYC Cookies recipe for you today! A crispy and gooey cookie packed with triple chocolate chips. These are a NYC style cookie perfect for any cookie lovers out there! This is for a recipe challenge to raise vital funds for Temple street and Crumlin childrens hosptials for their annual Great Irish Bake Off!
The Great Irish Bake is one of Ireland’s biggest baking events and one of the most important dates in Ireland’s events calendar, Friday May 21st. Every year Temple street ask people all around the country to sign up and host a ‘Great Irish Bake’ in their home, work place, school, college or crèche. It’s a really simple and fun event that makes a huge impact on the sick children in our care.
As we all know this year is a little different. So, I have decided to help raise some vital funds through my social media audience. I am challenging all of my followers to re-create my special bake off recipe this year. Triple Chocolate Chip NYC Cookies, to share with their family and friends and to make a small donation to this wonderful cause. Any donation will be greatly appreciated and they will go towards the little patients in Temple Street and Crumlin Childens hospital!
There will be a very special treat for one person who makes a small donation! Make sure to send me on a screenshot of your donation to be in with the chance of winning this special prize. Afternoon tea for two in The Shelbourne!! Feel free to make a donation even if you don’t plan on baking this year! Gill x
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Triple Chocolate Chip NYC Cookies ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Triple Chocolate Chip NYC Cookies
- Baking tray
- Electric whisk
- Baking paper
- 115 grams Unsalted Butter Room temp
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 60 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 2 tbsps Cornflour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate chips
- 100 grams Milk Chocolate chips
- 100 grams White Chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix.
- Portion up 8 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 111g each.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 3 at a time as they are big! Bake for about 14 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes then tuck in!
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes. ENJOY!! <3
- I would really appreciate it if you could donate to this fundraiser baking challenge to help raise vital funs for Irelands sickest children, I will leave the fundraiser page on this blog post!
- Chill cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them.
- You can keep these cookies in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them.
- These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up in the oven or for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave or pop them in the air fryer (Best way to reheat)
- You can replace some of the flour with cocoa powder to make them double chocolate. Approx 40g
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
If you make cookie recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes