Hello everyone! How are we all? A tasty Toffee Pecan Upside-down Cake recipe for your today! A delicious sticky, crunchy toffee cake that’s super easy and just utterly delicious! Definitely a new favourite of mine!
The recipe is super straight forward and easy and can be served warm out of the oven straight away! A side of vanilla ice cream would take this to a whole new level too. I am a HUGE fan of this recipe. A tasty caramel toffee packed with crunchy pecans topped on a warm spiced cake. HEAVEN!!
If you haven’t got an 8 inch tin you can make this in whatever tin you have just send me a DM over on Instagram if you need any help with timing ect.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Toffee Pecan Upside-down Cake!
Toffee Pecan Upside-down Cake
- Electric whisk
- Piping bags
- 1 8 Inch Cake tin
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- 115 grams Butter
- 115 grams Light brown sugar
- 85 grams Golden syrup
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 130 grams Chopped pecans
- 150 grams Butter
- 150 grams Caster sugar
- 150 grams Self raising flour
- 150 grams Eggs (Weighed in their shell)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Mixed spice
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line the base of an 8 inch cake tin.
- In a small pot add all of your toffee pecan ingredients and melt until the sugar has dissolved. Keep mixing while the mix is melting.
- Pour your toffee pecan mix into your lined baking tin and flatten down till even. Set aside. Be careful its hot!
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugars together till pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in your Vanilla and eggs.
- Sieve flour and spices into the mix and gently fold.
- Add the cake mix on to of the toffee pecan and gently smooth out till flat.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or the centre of the sponge springs back when your press the centre.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes then turn upside-down onto your serving dish.
- Some nuts and toffee may stick to the pan but your can scoop that out and add back on top if need.
- This cake is best served warm and straight from the oven, with a little ice cream on the side is Devine! Enjoy!