Hey guys !! An absolutely delicious one for you today! Tiramisu, A classic! A creamy coffee dessert that is so simple to make. A great dish you can make ahead that tastes better then longer you leave it.
Tiramisu is such a simple dessert using only a handful of ingredients but tasty ones! The combination of everything is just to die for and its no bake so it couldn’t be easier! This dessert can be made with or without alcohol just see the quantities in the ingredients list.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Tiramisu!
- Large rectangle tray
- Electric whisk
- Weighing scales
- 250 ml Espresso If using alcohol use 50ml and 200ml espresso Eg. Rum or Brandy
- 48 Lady Fingers
- 5 Egg yolks
- 125 grams Caster Sugar
- 450 grams Mascarpone
- 450 grams Double cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- Make your coffee then leave to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Place bowl over a pot with simmering water and whisk until its lighter in colour and thickened. If you rub the mix between your fingers the grains of sugar should be dissolved. Remove from heat and leave to cool until a little bit warm.
- Add your mascarpone and vanilla into a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add your egg mix into the mascarpone and whisk till combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk your cream until your have stiff peaks.
- Fold this cream into your egg/mascarpone mix little by little until you have no lumps.
- Now for the lady fingers. Grab you serving dish and cooled coffee. Using half of your lady fingers for your first layer, quickly dip each lady finger one by one into the coffee then onto the base of your dish.
- Next, spread half of your creamy mix on top of your lady fingers and smooth down till even.
- Now repeat your lady finger step but place them on top of this cream layer. 48 lady fingers fit perfectly into my dish but if you need to use more or less that's okay once its all filled out nicely.
- Place the second half of your creamy mix on top of this and smooth down till flat.
- Cover your dish then place in the fridge for at least 6 hours, overnight is best.
- Just before serving dish the top of your tiramisu with loads of cocoa powder.
- Slice up and enjoy!
- I used a 9×12 Inch baking dish.
- This dessert can be made a day or two in advance and lasts up to 4-5 days in the fridge once wrapped well.
- This recipe can be made with or without alcohol. See ingredients list.
- I used 48 lady fingers in this recipe as this is what fit my baking dish. Use more or less if needed.
- Please use double cream and no single cream as it won’t set as well for you.
- You could add some chocolate shavings to this dessert if you wish.
- Please leave to set for at least 6 hours. Overnight is best.
- When dipping the lady fingers in coffee a quick dip is all that is needed or your tiramisu will get too soggy.
- Most importantly ENJOY!