Hey guys! A delicious easy sheet cake recipe for you today! A delicious coffee soaked vanilla sponge, topped with a silky mascarpone buttercream dusted in cocoa powder. All the flavours of a tiramisu in a soft fluffy cake.
I am obsessed with a sheet cake, they are just the perfect bake for everyone! Super quick and simple with no fancy techniques. This one is for you if you are a lover of cake and coffee. This is a perfect mix of two of my favourite desserts, cake and tiramisu.
No need to go fancy with the piping of the icing like I did, just simple use a spatula and spread it all on top! Dust that with cocoa powder and you are good to go, it will look amazing! If you are being extra fancy you could even top this with chocolate shavings, it would be delish!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Tiramisu Sheet Cake.
Tiramisu Sheet Cake
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Weighing scales
- 175 grams Butter
- 175 grams Caster Sugar
- 175 grams Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Espresso
Coffee Syrup ( Mix all together )
- 40 grams Caster sugar
- 40 grams Espresso
- 120 grams Unsalted butter
- 120 grams Icing sugar
- 200 grams Mascarpone
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla and espresso.
- Fold in your sieved flour.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs bake when you gently press it.
- After 10 minutes, poke your cake with a tooth pick and brush over your coffee syrup.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches till fully combined.
- Whisk in your vanilla and mascarpone.
- Spread your buttercream on top of your cool cake or optional pipe with a round pipping tip.
- Dust your cake with cocoa powder.
- Slice up and Enjoy!!!