Hey guys! How are you all? The ULTIMATE Brownie recipe for you today. I am Brownie obsessed and I have sooo many brownie variations on my blog yet I have never uploaded a plain and simple brownie recipe. Not that these are plain and simple at all the are so extra in taste. A Brownie on a whole new level with extra layers of flavour to intensify that luxurious brownie traybake taste.
I started of this brownie recipe by browning my butter to add another dimension. This step really makes a difference for that added depth of flavour. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to the butter. Its an optional step but I think it brings the brownies to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown. You can see the attached image below for reference.
Next, I used a mix of caster and light brown sugar. The brown sugar helps give a richer caramel taste to the brownies and also makes them really fudgy and delicious! I whipped this sugar with the eggs to make a fudge yet melt in the mouth texture to the brownie recipe .
Finally the next most important layer is the espresso coffee. Trust me with this one please! If you don’t like coffee do not panic!! Its not there for you to taste it, coffee is brilliant at amplifying that chocolate taste making the brownies taste even chocolatier. It really intensifies that luxurious taste so please give it a go.
Please let these brownies cool at room temperature and then chill in the fridge. If not they will be impossible to cut. These are super gooey and fudgey brownies that need to set before you cut them. This will also let you get super sharp cuts so your ultimate brownies look BOMB!!
If you have any questions about this traybake, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this ULTIMATE Brownie recipe ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
The ULTIMATE Brownie
- Baking paper
- 8×8 Tin
- Electric whisk
- 185 grams Unsalted butter (Browned)
- 125 grams Dark Chocolate
- 185 grams Light brown sugar
- 160 grams Caster sugar
- 75 grams Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 grams Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 85 grams Milk Chocolate Chips
- 85 grams Dark Chocolate chips
- 2 Whole Eggs Large
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp Espresso coffee
- In a small pot, add your butter and place on a medium heat.
- Melt your butter then let it boil until you see the milk solids sink to the bottom and turn a nice and golden brown colour. (See Image)
- Remove from the heat and add to a clean bowl,let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the Dark chocolate into the butter and mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- Make up a strong espresso coffee and let cool while you weigh out your ingredients.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a bowl, whisk until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in your chocolate/butter mix.
- Next, Mix in your Vanilla and your 2 tablespoons of espresso.
- Fold through flour and cocoa
- Gently fold through both of your chocolate chips.
- Add the mix into your prepared tin then smooth out with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Mine were perfectly gooey at 25, if you dont like them gooey cooked for longer)
- Let cool at room temperature then stick it into the fridge for about 2 hours until cold. This will make sure you get super nice cuts on your gooey brownies.
- Once chilled, cut with a warm sharp knife. Cleaning your knife between each cut. (I heat my knife in a glass of hot water)
- Enjoy!! These are also delicious warmed back up in the microwave !
- Brownies will last for 4+ days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- These are lovely warmed back up in the microwave!
- You can use any of your favourite chocolate chips/bars in these brownies.
- Please let your brownies cool completely before cutting, this will give you a sharp cut.
- I use a hot sharp to cut my brownies.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I used this Cocoa powder *-Cocoa
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*- Prestige 8 Inch Square
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes