Hello everyone! I had too…Another Rice Krispie squares recipe! You just can’t get enough of them! I have a crazy amount of ideas. I want to do so many different kinds. So any requests just send me a DM and I will add it to my long list of ideas.
This new recipe is insane! Im a huge lover of anything chocolate orange. Anything Terrys chocolate orange gets me so excited. I still wanted to incorporate marshmallow into this mix to give that classic chewy Rice Krispie treat texture. These are such a treat!
I topped the mix with melted dark chocolate and orange zest. The dark chocolate worked perfect! It brought that slight bitterness to counteract the sweetness from the base. Of course you can top this with melted Terrys or any other chocolate but I think this world put so much better!
I did a white chocolate swirl dyed that classic Terrys orange colour and swirled it in, just to remind everyone they are eating orange! Not that it is needed at all. The smell alone is incredible.
I have a video tutorial save to my Instagram highlights if you would like to check that out while baking along http://www.instagram.com/gills_bakesandcakes
Happy baking! <3
Terry’s Chocolate Orange Rice Krispie Squares
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 9-18 depending on how you cut them.(I made 9 GIANT squares)
- 175g Butter
- 200g Marshmallows
- 200g Rice krispies
- 2 Terrys Chocolate oranges
- 350g Dark chocolate
- Zest of one orange
- 50g White chocolate
- Drop of orange food gel
- Terrys chocolate orange
- Gold sprinkles (Optional)
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler melt your butter and Terrys chocolate orange.
- Once the butter and chocolate is nearly melted, add in your marshmallow.
- Keep mixing until you have a thick and smooth mixture. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly. I put on a glove and used my hands towards the end to make sure all was incorporated.
- Place mixture into your baking tin and flatten down with a spatula.
- Leave to set for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt your dark chocolate with the orange zest and pour over Rice Krispie mix. Smooth out evenly.
- Melt your white chocolate and drop of orange food gel. Drizzle over your dark chocolate and swirl in with a toothpick.
- Decorate with more Terrys chocolate orange. I topped with an extra few sprinkles.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions with a hot knife.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes