Hey guys!! Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffins. I have such a treat for you today!! A super festive and delicious recipe that will have you drooling for more! Who dosent love Terry’s?! This recipe is very simple with very little effort you have these amazing chocolate orange muffins. It is a rich zesty chocolate muffin packed with Terrys chocolate chips and a gooey orange ganache centre. I am in LOVE with this recipe. Chocolate orange is my weakness!
If you want to simplify this recipe you can leave out the ganache part. Don’t worry they will still taste fantastic. Just make sure you stick on your Terrys decorations while the muffins are still a tiny bit warm. This will help them stick to the top. Another option is to use any other favourite chocolate orange treats for decoration. Or even leave out the orange and have normal chocolate muffins.
Feel free to half or double this recipe depending on how many you want to make. This muffin recipe makes 10 large muffins. If you don’t have the Tulip muffin cases I use you can still use any other large case. If you are using slightly smaller cases you can separate the muffin batter into 12 cases. I have left a link to tulip cases below in my notes.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffins
- Muffin cases
- Muffin tray
Ganache center & topping
- 150 grams Dark chocolate
- 100 grams Cream
- Zest of one large orange
- 1 Terrys Chocolate Orange For decoration
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 50 grams Vegetable oil
- 100 grams Butter Melted and cooled
- 55 grams Cocoa powder
- 225 grams Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 140 grams Light brown sugar
- 40 grams Caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Zest of one large orange
- 1 Terrys chocolate orange Chopped up
- In a heat proof bowl, add the dark chocolate, cream and orange zest. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Place in the fridge until stiff.
- Make 10 teaspoon sized balls and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. I used gloved hands to mould into balls.
- Leave the remaining mix at room temperature for your topping.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Place 10 muffin cases into a cupcake tin.
- In one bowl, Whisk together your oil, buttermilk, melted butter, orange zest and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, Sieve both your sugars, cocoa, salt, flour, baking powder.
- Once your dry ingredients are sieved add in your chopped up Terrys chocolate orange and mix.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients then add in your bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix till just combined. This will take very little work. Do not over-mix. (Took me about 10 seconds)
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mix into each muffin cases.
- Remove your ganache balls from the freezer and add one into each muffin case.
- Cover the ganache balls with the remaining muffin batter.
- Bake for 38-42 minutes. (Mine were perfect at 38mins)
- Leave to cool completely.
- Spoon on a bit of your left over ganache to the centre of your muffin and place a piece of Terrys chocolate orange on top.
- These will last 3+ Days in an airtight container. Delicious warmed up!
- Feel free to half or double this recipe depending on how many you want to make. This recipe makes 10 large muffins.
- If you don’t have the Tulip muffin cases I use you can still use any other large case. If you are using slightly smaller cases you can separate the muffin batter into 12 cases and reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
- Feel free to leave out the ganache centre.
- I used this Cocoa powder *- Bournville Cocoa
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I use these muffin cases*-Tulip Muffin Cases
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )