Hey Everyone! I have my favourite ever cookie recipe to share with you today. Terrys chocolate orange cookies! A crispy cookies with a gooey and rich centre packed with looooads of Terrys chocolate orange.These are the ultimate cookie!!
Feel free to change things up and use either the white or dark chocolate Terrys chocolate orange, or a mix of all three! They would be so so good!
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them. These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up for about 10-30 seconds in the microwave or place them in the oven for about 5 minutes.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Terry’s Chocolate Orange Cookies
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 6 (BIG)
- 110g Butter (Room temp)
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 60 Caster sugar
- 1 Egg – Large
- 150g Plain flour
- 75g Cocoa powder
- Zest of 1 larger orange
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 150g Terrys chopped
- 18 Pieces of Terrys chocolate orange
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in your orange zest and egg and combine till smooth.
- Sieve in flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add in your chopped Terrys.
- Fold until you have a firm dough.
- Portion up 6 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 125g each.
- Add 2 Pieces of Terrys in the centre of each dough ball.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 2 or 3 at a time as they are verrrrry big!
- Bake for 15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- One removed from the oven you can gently tap the cookie tray to flatten out a little.
- Once baked leave to cool for about 15 minutes then place a piece of Terrys on top of each cookie.
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes