Hey everyone! My first baked donut recipe! We all know I’m obsessed with chocolate orange so of course it was the first recipe I would pick. They are so so simple and so much fun to make. The baked donut is so rich and zesty but still so light at the same time. Topped with a delicious chocolate orange glaze, its just perfection!
I got my donut tray on Sugar sisters, it cost under 10 euro and I am so happy I bought it. Heres the link – https://sugarsisters.ie/collections/cake-tins/products/donut-tin-6-cavity
If you don’t want to buy a donut tray you can make your own one using a muffin tray and tinfoil. Simply just google it and you will find so many tutorials on how to make them.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Terrys Chocolate Orange Baked Donuts
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 140g Plain flour
- 30g Cocoa powder
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg yolk
- 100ml Buttermilk
- 80g Dark chocolate
- 80g Terrys Chocolate
- 40g Fresh cream
- 60g White chocolate (With a drop of orange food gel)
- 15 Pieces of Terrys
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease your donut tin.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your Vanilla, orange zest and eggs.
- Mix well until combined.
- Sieve in flour and cocoa and mix.
- Mix in your buttermilk.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag and pipe into your donut tin. (Or your make shift donut tin mentioned above)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt your glaze ingredients in the microwave on short blasts until smooth.
- Leave to cool for about 5/10 minutes.
- Dip each donut into the glaze 3/4 of the way down then place on a parchment lined tray.
- Melt you white chocolate and orange food colouring and place in a piping bag.
- Drizzle over your donuts then place a piece of Terrys on each donut.
- Leave to set.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes