Hello everyone! St.Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Squares for you today! A simple white chocolate and marshmallow rice krispie square jazzed up to celebrate St.Patricks day! Of course I had to make a St.Patricks day recipe and we all love a simple no bake recipe.
I cut my squares into 9 GIANT pieces. These are really really big so cut them smaller if you wish. I mainly cut them this size for the visuals. I have actually made these slightly smaller then my usual Rice Krispie squares but they are still big.
Please only use gel food colouring when colouring your white chocolate, liquid colours will just ruin your chocolate. You can pick up some gel colours in your local supermarket. Dr.Oetker do a great range. You can decorate these with anything you like. I had a shamrock mould and I added some green white chocolate in it. I also used some St.Patricks day sprinkles which I got on Sugarsisters.ie but you might find some similar in supermarkets.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
St.Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Squares
- 8×8 Sqaure tin
- Heatproof bowl
- Medium pot
- Baking paper
- 100 grams Salted butter
- 180 grams Rice Krispies
- 250 grams Marshmallows
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300 grams White chocolate
- Green & Orange gel food colouring
- Green sprinkles
- Grease and line a 8×8 square tin
- Weigh out all of your ingredients.
- Add you butter, vanilla and marshmallows to a heatproof bowl.
- Place bowl over a pot of hot water on a medium heat and melt gently while constantly stirring.
- Once smooth, take pot off the heat and quickly fold in your Rice Krispies.
- Place the mixture into your baking dish and flatten down.
- Let mixture set, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate. Place about 2 tablespoons in two bowls and dye one green and one orange.
- Pour the rest of the chocolate over the mix. Spread out evenly.
- Drizzle the two coloured white chocolates on top and feather through with a toothpick.
- Decorate with some green sprinkles or any Paddy’s day decorations you like.
- Set in the fridge until chocolate is firm. Mine took 1 hour.
- Once set, Remove mix from the tin.
- Portion up into your prefered size. I used a hot knife to cut my slices. This gives you a nice clean cut
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes