Hey guys! A delicious festive recipe for you today! Snowball Truffles! A creamy white chocolate ganache truffle coating in white chocolate and coconut for the ultimate holiday treat! A perfect gift for yourself or packaged up and gift as homemade Christmas gifts.
If you aren’t a fan of coconut you can play around and use some different ingredients. Some tasty ideas for you- Shaved chocolate, Chocolate curls, sprinkles, crushed nuts, cocoa powder, different types of Chocolate Eg.milk/dark, crushed biscuits Eg. Oreo,biscoff! So many options to make a delicious gift. Any questions feel free to as me over on Instagram.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Snowball Truffles.
- Weighing scales
- Baking paper
- 225 grams White Chocolate
- 75 grams Cream
- 200 grams White Chocolate
- 40 grams Desiccated Coconut
- Melt the white chocolate (for the truffle) and cream in short blasts in the microwave until melted.
- Place mix into the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and prepare a tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the ganache mix into 20 balls approx. 15 grams each then place onto the parchment paper.
- Set these in the fridge for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Melt the coating white chocolate in short blasts in the microwave until melted.
- Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate using fork, tap the excess chocolate off then place onto the parchment paper. Repeat with all the truffles.
- Place the tray of truffles in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set again.
- Once firm, using the remaining chocolate (Remelt if needed) slightly coat the outside of the truffle in a very small amount of the chocolate. I used some gloves to do this and rolled the small amount around the truffle. You want just enough to stick the coconut.
- Dip into the coconut and roll around till coated.
- Repeat with all the truffles then place in the fridge. They should set up fairly quickly but just to be safe.
- Package up for presents or keep them all for yourself! Enjoy! They can be stored in the fridge or at room them for a softer centre.
If you make these Snowball Truffles cookies recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes