Hey guys! Another Instagram poll pick from you guys! This was super popular. I love creating polls to see what recipes you all want. Feel free to DM me with all of your request too. I love to create recipes that you want.
These cookie bar recipes are probably one of the easiest recipes on my blog. No fuss at all as they just go straight into the oven. No waiting for them to chill. So your cookie bars will be ready in no time! I love my cookie bars still slightly gooey, but if this isn’t for you just add 5-10 minutes onto your cooking time.
If you cant get your hands on Biscoff biscuits Aldi do brilliant versions. I normally get my Biscoff products from Deals or Amazon.
Happy Baking! <3 Dm me on Instagram if you have an questions.
S’more Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 115g Butter
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 60g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg– Large
- 260g Plain flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 a Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 100g Dark chocolate chips
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
- 60g Mini marshmallows
- 45g Crushed biscuits/graham crackers (I used Biscoff biscuits)
- Decoration (Optional)
- 100g Marshmallows
- 30g Chocolate
- 20g Crushed biscuits/graham crackers (I used Biscoff biscuits)
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Grease and line a 8×8 square tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, corn flour and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients and chocolate chips lightly until you have a firm dough.
- Place half of the mixture into your lined dish and flatten down.
- Add a layer of mini marshmallows and crushed biscuits.
- Add the remaining cookie dough on top and flatten down.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Mine was perfect and slightly gooey at 22 minutes. If you are using a bigger baking tray reduce your cooking time.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut up into 9 portions.
- Add mini marshmallows on top of each portion and torch them with a blow torch or place under a grill (Keep and eye on them they won’t take long) until nice and toasted. Use a blow torch for best results.
- Melt your milk chocolate and drizzle over each portions.
- Sprinkle with crushed biscuits and leave to set until chocolate is firm.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes