Hello everyone! Slowcooker Beef & Guinness Stew for you today! A delicious simple slow cooker dish. A warm hug in a bowl. Soft melt in the mouth beef in a rich beefy stew loaded with veggies!
This is such a delicious dish that takes little to no effort at all! Throw it all into your slow cooker and relax! If you would like to add some potatoes into this beef stew definitely do! I prefer mine with creamy, butter mash made on the side but you do whatever you love! You can also change up the veggie to anything you like or even add barley!
I used stewing beef in this recipe as it has so much more flavour than steak pieces. The stewing beef ends up deliciously soft and melt in the mouth in the few hours in the slow cooker. You can cook this on high for 4 hours or alternatively 8 hours on high, whatever suits you. If you don’t want to use Guinness just replace it with extra beef stock.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Slowcooker Beef & Guinness Stew!
Slowcooker Beef & Guinness Stew
- Slow Cooker
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- 600 grams Stewing Beef Chopped into chunks
- 35 grams Plain flour or cornflour
- 2 Large Onions Diced
- 125 grams Celery Diced
- 200 grams Carrots Chopped
- 150 grams Parsnips Chopped
- 30 grams Tomato paste
- 3/4 Can Guinness
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 25 grams Butter
- 200 grams Beef stock
- 2 Bayleaves
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful Fresh parsley
- In a frying pan brown your beef then place into your slow cooker.
- Place your butter into the pan with the onions and garlic and fry in all the beef residue. Now pour this into your slow cooker.
- Now add all of the rest of your ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or optionally on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, taste for seasoning and finish with some fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve however you like, I served min with some creamy, buttery mash.