Hello everyone! Slow Cooker Sausage Ragu for you today! A delicious simple slow cooker dish. Soft melt in the mouth sausage in a fennel tomato sauce served with your favourite pasta.
This is such a delicious dish that takes little to no effort at all! Throw it all into your slow cooker and relax! I even cooked the pasta in the ragu that’s how easy it is. You can use any of your favourite pasta, add it in for the last 45 minutes with some extra water and you have the full dish made. If you would rather cooked the pasta on the side that’s completely fine too!
Use your favourite sausages in this recipe just remove the skins then crumble up the meat. In this recipeused some lovely garlic and basil sausages that I got in Aldi. the flavour from them is amazing and it worked great but any sausage will do. I have adding in a good few spices and herbs to dish dish but if you are missing one or two don’t worry just add in extra of the others. Crushed fennel seeds in this ragu works AMAZING so definitely try your best to use these. I crushed my seeds in a pestel and mortar but you could just use a knife.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Slow Cooker Sausage Ragu!
Slow Cooker Sausage Ragu
- Slow Cooker Can be done on the stove
- Weighing scales
- 450 grams Sausage meat (Your favourite sausage with the skins removed)
- 2 Tins Chopped Tomato
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 White onion (Chopped)
- 1 Red Chilli (Chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds (Crushed)
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Rosemary
- Bay leaf & Thyme Optional
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Beef stock pot
- 100 ml Red wine (Water if not)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 100 ml Water
- 400 grams Pasta (with 200ml water)
- Add all of your ingredients, except for pasta and extra water, into a slow cooker. Mix together then put on high for 4 hours.
- In the last 45 minutes add in your pasta and extra 200ml water and mix. Cover and leave for the last 45 minutes.
- Remove your lid then mix everything together. Check your pasta is cooked how you like, if it needs more time that's okay, all pasta is different!
- Plate up and garnish how you like. I used parmesan and fresh basil.
- Pasta can be cooked in with the ragu or on the side. If making for meal prep cook the pasta on the side separately.
- Any pasta shape can be used.
- Use your favourite sausages with the skins removed.
- If you don’t want to use wine replace with water.
- I used a beef stock pot in this recipe but a stock cube could be used instead.