Hello everyone! A delicious simple slow cooker dinner recipe for you today, Chicken satay! A fakeaway with little to no effort that you will want to make again and again!
Throw everything together in your slow cooker then come back in a few hours to a delicious dinner. Feel free to half or double this recipe to suit you or if you don’t have a slow cooker you can definitely make this in a pot in a shorter amount of time. This slow cooker version is great if your rush around and find it hard to get the time to stand over your cooker.
If you have any questions about this recipe, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Slow Cooker Chicken Satay recipe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Satay
A delicious simple slow cooker dinner. Chicken satay! A fakeaway with little to no effort.Print Pin Rate
- Slow Cooker
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- 400 grams Chicken thigh Or breast
- 1 White onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of ginger Finely chopped
- 1 small Red chilli Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ground corriander
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Ground Tumeric
- 120 grams Peanut butter
- 150 mls Chicken stock
- 1 Juice of a lime
- 60 ml Soy sauce
- 40 ml Honey
- 1 tin Coconut milk
- 15 ml Vinegar I used rice wine vinegar
- 60 grams Cornflour
- 1 Red pepper Diced
- Handful chopped coriander
- In a slow cooker add your chicken, onion, garlic, chilli, ginger, all of your spices, peanut butter, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- In a separate bowl mix together your cornflour, soy, honey and vinegar till all combined and dissolved. Pour this mix into your slow cooker and mix.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and place on a high heat for approximately 5 hours. In the last 15 minutes add in your diced red pepper.
- Finish off your satay with chopped coriander and lime juice and mix.
- Serve with anything you like, I served mine with rice.
- I garnished mine with chopped peanuts, sliced chilli and coriander.