Hello Everyone! A really simple and quick recipe today! Salted Caramel Muffins. A delicious brown butter and sugar muffin packed with white Chocolate chips, a caramel centre and topped with even more caramel and flakey salt. DELICIOUS!!
This recipe makes 10 large muffins in tulip cases but if you would like to make them smaller you can put them into 12 regular cases and bake for less time Eg.25-30. I got my tulip cases in Amazon so I will leave a link in the notes section below.
I started off these muffins by browning my butter. This step really makes a difference. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to them. Its an optional step but I think it brings the muffins to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown. This will add an extra caramel flavour to your muffins.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Muffins ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Salted Caramel & White Chocolate Muffins
- Muffin cases
- Cupcake tray
- Weighing scales
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 50 grams Vegetable oil
- 100 grams Butter Melted and cooled
- 260 grams Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 140 grams Light brown sugar
- 40 grams Caster sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 100 grams White chocolate chips
- 1 Tin of Carnation Caramel Or your preferred caramel
- White chocolate curls Optional
- Fudge pieces Optional
- Flakey salt
- (Optional) First of all we want to brown the butter. Place butter into a sauce pan and put on a low heat. Melt the butter slowly until it foams. The milk solids will sink and start to turn brown and caramelise. This will take about 5-10 minutes. Once brown take of the heat immediately and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Place 10 muffin cases into a cupcake tin. You can make more smaller ones if you wish!
- In one bowl, Whisk together your oil, buttermilk, melted butter and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, Sieve both your sugars, salt, flour, baking powder.
- Once your dry ingredients are sieved add in your chocolate chips.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients then add in your bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix till just combined. This will take very little work. Do not over-mix. (Took me about 10 seconds)
- Spoon half of the muffin mix into all your cases. Add a spoon of caramel on top of each muffin cases and the top with the remaining muffin mix to seal in the caramel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean (Avoid the caramel of course!) If you are making them in smaller cases and making more cook for less time!
- Leave to cool completely.
- Spoon on some extra caramel on top of your muffins. I added some extra flakey salt, white chocolate curls and fudge pieces for decoration.
- These will last 3+ Days in an airtight container. Delicious warmed up!
- Feel free to half or double this recipe depending on how many you want to make. This recipe makes 10 large muffins.
- If you don’t have the Tulip muffin cases I use you can still use any other large case.
- If you are using slightly smaller cases you can separate the muffin batter into 12 cases and reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
- You can use any type of chocolate in this recipe.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I use these muffin cases*-Tulip Muffin Cases
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )