Hey everyone! I get a lot of requests for blondies so I thought it was time to share another recipe with you all.
These are delicious fudgy and gooey blondie packed with loads of white chocolate chips. Swirled with tasty caramel and sprinkled with some flakey salt. The extra white chocolate and caramel drizzled on top is optional but sooo worth it!
These Blondies are super easy! This is all down to the carnation caramel sauce I used. This is available in most supermarkets. It is a delicious pre made thick caramel sauce. If you can’t find this caramel, you can replace it with your favourite shop bought one. Please just make sure to use a thick caramel. If you don’t your caramel may just sink to the bottom of your Blondie.
I started off these Blondies by browning my butter. This step really makes a difference in a blondie. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to them. Its an optional step but I think it brings the blondies to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown.
Salted Caramel and White Chocolate blondies
Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 170g Butter (Browned and cooled)
- 200g Light Brown Sugar
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 250g Plain Flour
- 200g White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 125g Carnation Caramel
- Flakey salt
- 50g White chocolate
- 50g Carnation Caramel
- (Optional) First of all we want to brown the butter. Place butter into a sauce pan and put on a low heat. Melt the butter slowly until it foams. The milk solids will sink and start to turn brown and caramelise. This will take about 10 minutes. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/ Gas mark 5.. Line 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- Place browned butter into a mixing bowl. Whisk in sugars,salt and vanilla.
- Next, add eggs in one at a time.
- Once combined, Fold in sieved flour gently. Do not over mix!
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture into baking tin.
- Dollop the caramel on top and swirl into your mix. Don’t swirl it in too deep. Sprinkle with flakey salt.
- Bake for 30-35. You can vary this on how gooey you would like your brownies. 30 minutes was perfect in my fan oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. I put mine in the fridge for an hour when cooled before cutting. This is so I could get a sharp cut.
- Optional Decorate with drizzled white chocolate and caramel. I topped mine with mini fudges pieces from Aldi and some chocolate curls.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes