Hey guys! A super simple basic recipe jazzed up for you today. Flapjacks are probably one of the easiest bakes to make and I thought a delicious peanut butter and Reeses version had to be done. These take a few minutes to make up and are perfect to have made up for a during the week snack.
These take such little time to prepare. Feel free to leave out the extra topping if you want them that little bit healthier. If you are feeling extra fancy you can replace the Chocolate chips with chopped up Reese’s cups. I have portioned these peanut butter flapjacks into 9 large portions but feel free to cut these up smaller. If you like you can freeze these into portions so they stay fresh and you can take them out of the freezer as you needs them. Just make sure to wrap them up really well.
If you would like to make these extra chocolatey you could replace 20g of the oats with cocoa powder. This is completely optional. If you would like to change these up and use a different nut butter that is completely fine too! An Almond butter flapjack instead of a peanut butter flapjack sounds delicious too. The golden syrup in this recipe can be substituted for honey or any syrup you like. Eg. Maple syrup.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Reese’s Peanut Butter Flapjacks
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Medium pot
- 400 grams Porridge Oats
- 150 grams Light brown sugar
- 200 grams Butter
- 125 grams Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 5 Tbsp Golden syrup Honey can be a substitute
- 100 grams Chocolate Chips
- 30 grams Melted chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Melted peanut butter
- 1 Bag of Reese’s mini cups
- Handful of Reese’s pieces
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Line and grease a 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- Place Butter, peanut butter, golden syrup and vanilla into a larger pot on a medium heat and melt till smooth.
- In a large bowl add oats and sugar. Pour in your melted ingredients and mix till combined.
- Fold through your chocolate chips gently.
- Place mixture into your prepared tin, flatten down tightly and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, cut into 9 portions.
- Drizzle each portion with melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Scatter with Reeces decorations.
- These will stay fresh for 3+ days in an airtight container. You could also wrap them well and freeze them.
- Feel free to leave out the extra topping if you want them that little bit healthier.
- If you are feeling extra fancy you can replace the Chocolate chips with chopped up Reese’s cups.
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*-20cm Square Cake Baking Tin
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- Rubbermaid Commercial Products FG1962000000, High-Heat Silicone Spatula, 24 cm, Red Handle
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales-Slim Design Electronic Cooking Appliance for Home/Kitchen, Weigh Food up to 5kg Aquatronic for Liquids ml and fl. Oz. 15Yr Guarantee-Silver
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes
One thought on “Reese’s Peanut Butter Flapjacks”
Looks yummy! Can’t wait to try it !
Just found your website ! One of the best websites for baking recipes so clear and simple instructions with not lengthy ingredients list !
Thanks so much x