Hey Everyone! A super quick and easy recipe for you today that tastes absolutely delicious. A layer of rich and velvety chocolate fudge topped with a creamy peanut butter fudge, decorated with all things Reeses. A tasty sweet and salty treat!
This recipe is a quick ‘cheats’ fudge. Not a traditional fudge but this works a treat! The base ingredients are just chocolate and a tin of condensed milk.
Notes– Feel free to half this recipe. This makes a big batch so it’s up to you guys on how much you want to make. Just make sure to use a smaller tin.
-Store these in an airtight container in the fridge.These are a soft texture so they will not sit well at room temp for a long time.
-If you would prefer a single flavour of peanut butter fudge just double up your quantities and leave out the chocolate fudge. The chocolate addition is definitely work the 2 batches though!
Happy Baking! <3
Reeses Double Layer Peanut Butter ‘Fudge’
Prep time: 15 minutes
Set time: 3 hours
- 278g Condensed milk
- 120g Dark chocolate
- 120g Milk chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 278g Condensed Milk
- 240g White chocolate
- 85g Smooth Peanut butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Your favourite Reese’s toppings ( Chilled beforehand )
- Grease and line a 8×8 Square baking dish with parchment.
- Chocolate fudge- In a large heatproof bowl, add the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla, salt, condensed milk and melt gently over a double boiler. Keep mixing.
- Once the mixture has melted and is smooth and thick, place into your lined dish. Smooth out and tap your baking dish till very flat.
- Place into the fridge for about 45 minutes until firm.
- Peanut fudge- In a large heatproof bowl, add the white chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla, salt, condensed milk and melt gently over a double boiler. Keep mixing.
- Once the mixture has melted and is smooth and thick, gently add the mix on top of your firm chocolate fudge. Smooth down gently until level.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then top with all your Reese’s treats!
- Set in the fridge for at least 2.5 hours before cutting into portions. The longer you wait the easier it is to cut.
- Portions up with a hot knife.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes