Hey everyone! A new delicious cookie recipe for you today. It been awhile since I’ve uploaded a cookie recipe and I’ve noticed that red velvet cookies are super popular now. I just had to create some since red velvet is probably one of my favourite cake flavours.
I wanted to create something a little bit different and incorporate a cream cheese frosting like centre. So I play around and made a ganache using cream cheese instead of the cream. It worked incredibly well. I set it in the fridge and then spooned it onto parchment sheets and froze it. Placed these inside the cookie dough balls and voila!
You can make this cookie recipe without the cream cheese centre too, they will still be so tasty! Or if you would like to stuff them with anything else like Nutella, go for it! Also, if you are not a fan of white chocolate you can use any chocolate chips you prefer.
This recipe makes 10 giant cookies so feel free to make half a recipe or even make your cookies smaller. Just reduce your cooking time.
Since these cookies have cream cheese in them they will last a lot longer in an airtight container in the fridge.
Guys, please only use a red food gel. Don’t use the liquid red food colouring you buy in the supermarkets. It will not work. Super value or sugar sisters stock my favourite professional Progel colouring. Or if you can’t get that Dr. oetker do a red food gel that’s available in most supermarkets.
Red Velvet Stuffed Cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 3 hours
Cook time: 16-18 minutes
Servings: 10 (BIG)
- Cream cheese filling
- 100g Cream cheese
- 150g White chocolate
- 225g Unsalted Butter (Cold & Cubed)
- 200g Light brown sugar
- 120g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs – Large
- 450g Plain flour
- 30g Cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 350g White chocolate chips
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon red food gel
- A few hours before baking your cookies, Melt your white chocolate for the stuffing and let cool slightly.
- In another bowl add your cream cheese and loosen up my mixing it. Quickly mix in your melted chocolate then set in the fridge until firm.
- Once firm, spoon 10 blobs onto parchment paper and put in the freezer for about an hour.
- Place Cold butter cut up in cubes into a mixing bowl with both sugars. Mix till you get little nuggets of butter and sugar, it will only take about 30 seconds-1 minute. I used a stand mixer and a paddle attachment to do this.
- Mix in your chocolate chips this just combined.
- In a separate bowl sieve together your flour, cocoa bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cornflour and salt.
- Slowly add this dry mix into your wet mix.
- Once combined, add in your vanilla, red food gel and eggs.
- Mix till just combined. Be careful not too overmix, you don’t want to form any gluten.
- Weigh out approx 150g portions of dough.
- Remove filling from the freezer and form the dough portions around them.
- The lumpier the shape the better. Be careful not to tightly pack the dough. Just gently mould into tall round balls.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Bake two cookies per baking sheet as they are very large.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet as they can be delicate.
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes