Hey everyone! A very simple recipe for you today! This recipe takes very little time and effort and it just looks and tastes absolutely amazing!!!
If you are adding the white chocolate chips to the centre make sure they are very small. I used the Aldi ones as they are the perfect size. Chop up yours if they are too big and chunky.
NOTE: Please keep these truffles refrigerated!! They have cream cheese in them so they need to stay in the fridge. They are best eaten if removed from the fridge 10/15 minutes before eating.
These would make such a beautiful gift for someone. If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Red Velvet Cheesecake Truffles
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 75g Butter
- 75g Caster sugar
- 65g Self raising Flour
- 8g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 Teaspoons Red food gel
- 80g Cream cheese
- 50g White chocolate chips (small)
- 200g White chocolate
- 5g Coconut oil (Optional- creates a nice coating)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Line your cupcake tray with 6 cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your Vanilla and red food gel.
- Mix in egg until combined.
- Sieve flour and cocoa into the mix and gently fold.
- Spoon the cupcake mix into your cupcake cases evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are cool, Remove from the case and crumble up in a bowl (Reserve a few crumbs for decoration) Add in the cream cheese and chocolate chips and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll up into approx. 20g balls and place on a parchment lined tray. (I got about 16)
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate and coconut oil.
- Dip a ball one at time into the chocolate, coat with a spoon then remove ball with a fork tapping the extra chocolate off at the side of the bowl.
- Place your balls back onto the parchment paper.
- Once balls are all coated, drizzle with the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with some left over crumbs.
- Leave balls to set in the fridge until firm.
- These balls need to be kept refrigerated. Pull them out of the fridge about 10/15 minutes before for optimal eating.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )