Hey guys! Another delicious red velvet recipe today. A Red velvet and white chocolate blondie with a delicious cheesecake swirl. I call this a blondie buuuut its kind of a blondie/brownie hybrid. It’s my blondie base with some added cocoa to create an insane fudgy and delicious creation.
Red velvet is my absolute weakness! I just love everything about it! These blondies are super tasty while trying to stay as close to a red velvet recipe as possible. I wanted to have some cream cheese incorporated into the recipe and I wanted it paaacked with white chocolate because who dosent love it!
Guys, please only use a red food gel. Don’t use the liquid red food colouring you buy in the supermarkets. It will not work. It will completely change the consistency of the blondie mix. You would need to use a hell of a lot to get your blondies red. You will end up with a tray of waste unfortunately. Super value or sugar sisters stock my favourite professional ”Progel” colouring. Or if you can’t get that Dr. oetker do a red food gel that’s available in most supermarkets. Just PLEASE only use a red food gel.
If you’re not a fan of cheesecake or don’t like cream cheese, feel free to leave out the cheesecake swirl in the recipe. They will work completely fine without it. To get my red velvet crumbs on top, I just shaved the corner off one of the portions and broke it up with my fingers and sprinkled on top.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Red Velvet Blondies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 170g Butter (Room temp)
- 150g Light Brown Sugar
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 200g Plain Flour
- 20g Cocoa powder
- 150g White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon red food gel
- 200g Cream cheese
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Egg yolk
- 55g Caster sugar
- 30g White chocolate
- Handful of White chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/ Gas mark 5.. Line and grease a 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- Cheesecake swirl– In a small bowl add your cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla and sugar and whisk till smooth for about 45 seconds. Place in the fridge until needed.
- Blondie-Place butter into a mixing bowl. Add in both of the sugars and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Next, add eggs in one at a time.
- Once combined, add in the vanilla, red food gel and salt and whisk. If you need to add more than a teaspoon of red food gel go for it, 1 teaspoon was enough for me.
- Fold in sieved flour and cocoa powder gently. Do not over mix!
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Place half of the mixture into your lined baking tin.
- Remove your cheesecake mix from the fridge and dollop spoons onto of your blondie mix.
- Add the remaining blondie mix onto of this and swirl together very gently.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. You can vary this on how gooey you would like your blondies. 40 minutes was perfect in my fan oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Optional Decorate with drizzled white chocolate. I topped mine with some chocolate curls and some red velvet crumbs.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes