Hello everyone! Raspberry Shortbread Crumble Bars for you today. A buttery shortbread base with a layer of sweet homemade raspberry jam and topped with some crunchy shortbread goodness. Soooo moreish!!
Feel free to change up the fruit with something else if you like, blueberries or strawberries would work lovely too! I have added a touch of cinnamon to the shortbread dough but if its not your cup of tea you can leave it out. Make sure you let these bars cool 100% before cutting into them, this will give you a nice and clean cut.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Raspberry Shortbread Crumble Bars !
Raspberry Shortbread Crumble Bars
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- 250 grams Salted Butter
- 170 grams Caster Sugar
- 350 grams Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 250 grams Frozen Raspberries
- 1/2 Lemon Zest & Juice
- 150 grams Raspberry Jam
- 70 grams Light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Mix in your vanilla and cinnamon. Fold through your flour till you have. a firm dough.
- Split the mix into two then flatten half of it into the base of your lined tin. Set the rest aside covered for now.
- Flatten down the shortbread till very smooth and even then bake for 15 mins and leave to cool.
- In another mixing bowl add in all your filling ingredients and mix through. Place this mix on top of your cooled shortbread base.
- Spread out tiill smooth.
- Using the remaining shortbread crumble on top of the mix.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top has a light golden colour.
- Leave to cool completely then cut with a knife into how many portions you like. I made 9 large pieces.
- These will last for 4+ days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Best eaten on day 1 & 2.
- You can use any frozen fruit in this recipe.
- Please let your bars cool completely before cutting, this will give you a sharp cut.
- I use a warm sharp knife to cut my brownies.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales-
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*- Prestige 8 Inch Square
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- RSilicone Spatula, 24 cm, Red Handle
If you make this cake recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )