Finally getting my recipe up for this beauties. Not a huge fan of rich desserts? These are for you! The raspberries are unreal in these blondies. They are tangy, fresh and juicy. Which means devouring a whole batch is quite easy..
I started off these brownies by browning my butter. This step really makes a difference in a blondie. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to them. Its an optional step but i think it brings the blondies to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown. Personally, i like to slightly underbaked any of my blondies or brownies. The gooeyness with a crisp top is vital for me!
Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 170g Butter
- 280g Light Brown Sugar
- 225g Plain Flour
- 200g White Chocolate Chips
- Half Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla (https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/vanilla/)
- 125g pack of Raspberries (https://keelings.ie/keelings-raspberries/)
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/ Gas mark 5.. Line 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- (Optional) First of all we want to brown the butter. Place butter into a sauce pan and put on a low heat. Melt the butter slowly until it foams. The milk solids will sink and start to turn brown and caramelise. This will take about 10 minutes. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Place browned butter into a mixing bowl. Whisk in sugar,salt and vanilla.
- Next, add eggs in one at a time.
- Once combined, Fold in sieved flour gently.
- Mix in chocolate chips. (Leave a hand full to place on top)
- Place half of the mixture into baking tin. Place 3/4 of the raspberries onto the blondie mix. Cover with remaining blondie mix and spread out evenly.
- Press the remainder of the white chocolate and raspberries on top.
- Bake for 30-35. You can vary this on how gooey you would like your brownies.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely then cut into portions.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes