Hey guys! A delicious side dish we all know and love for you today! Potato Gratin – Potato Dauphinoise. The ULTIMATE side dish, Cheesy, creamy, garlic potatoes. Super simple and sensational side dish.
This is a dish I have NEVER heard anyone say I don’t like! I think it is a real crowd pleaser that can go with so many meals. Its is really simple and could easily be made in advance for a dinner party. A handful of ingredients and very little steps so anyone can do it!
You could use any potatoes for this but a Maris piper could be my go to! If you don’t want to use all that cream you can definitely go half milk/half cream instead. Use any of your favourite cheese in this recipe to. I salted this dish in each layer of my potatoes in the dish just so I could judge if I was using the correct amount as you can add any at the end. Just be careful and remember you are adding salty cheese to!
If you have any questions about this recipe, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Potato Gratin – Potato Dauphinoise recipe!
Potato Gratin – Potato Dauphinoise
- Chopping board
- Oven dish
- Weighing scales
- 1.5 kg Potatoes I used Maris Piper
- Salt & Pepper
- 50 grams Melted Butter Extra for greasing
- 500 grams Single Cream
- 120 grams Grated Cheese I used half cheddar/half mozzarella
- 3/4 cloves Garlic Grated
- Pinch Grated/ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C. Grease a large baking dish well with butter
- Peel your potatoes then slice them very thin, I cut them about the same thickness as a knife. Place them in a bowl of water to soak for 10 minutes then wash and drain in a colander.
- In a separate bowl, mix your garlic, cream, butter and pepper and mix.
- Now lets get layering! Cover the base of your dish in potatoes then season with salt, Pour over some of your cream mix then sprinkle with cheese. Repeat this step 4/5 times making sure to leave some cheese aside for the top later on.
- Cover your dish with tinfoil and bake for approx. 45 minutes until your potatoes are tender.
- Remove your tin foil and top with your remaining cheese. Place back into the oven for about 15 minutes until golden and crisp!
- Serve up and enjoy!!