Hello everyone! Another Simple bake for the weekend for you all. A delicious peanut, caramel and chocolate Krispie base topped with smooth chocolate, salty peanuts, M&M’s and creamy Carnations caramel.
I really wanted to create a peanut version of my last Mars bars squares. I got a lot of requests to do a snickers version. I just love how versatile these treats are. They are super simple to make and they just taste fantastic. I love a thick chocolate top decorated in loads of goodies. They take Krispie treats to a whole different level. They also look so impressive.
For my chocolate layer on top I used 75% Dark chocolate and 25% Milk chocolate. The dark chocolate worked so well and I was so happy I decided to use it. It helps balance out all the sweetness. The caramel is an optional step but I 100% recommend you use it.
I had a few people messaging me while baking worried that the nougat in their mars bars wasn’t melting. Just keep going, it will eventually melt. Mine takes about 10 minutes on a low heat. So don’t panic it will eventually melt.
Peanut M&M Snickers Krispie Squares
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 9-18 depending on how you cut them.(I made 9 GIANT squares)
- 200g Butter
- 550g Snickers bars (Off brand will work too)
- 200g Rice krispies
- 350g Chocolate
- 2 or 3 bags of Peanut M&M’s
- Handful Peanuts
- Optional– Carnations caramel
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 9×9 baking dish.
- In a double boiler melt your butter and Snickers bars until smooth. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly.
- Add 1/3 of the mix into your baking dish and sprinkle with M&M’s.
- Once all your mix is in your dish, flatten down evenly.
- Leave to set for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over Rice Krispie mix.
- Smooth out evenly and decorate with more M&M’s, crushed peanuts.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions with a hot knife and drizzle on some caramel.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes