Hey everyone! A very simple recipe for you today! The easiest on my blog so far with only a handful of ingredients. This recipe takes very little time and effort and it just looks and tastes absolutely amazing!!!
Feel free to use any type of chocolate to coat your truffles. I used Callebaut White chocolate. It’s completely up to you on which you would prefer.
NOTE: Please keep these truffles refrigerated!! They have cream cheese in them so they need to stay in the fridge. They are best eaten if removed from the fridge 10/15 minutes before eating.
These would make such a beautiful gift for someone. If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Oreo Cookies and Cream Truffles
- Food processor
- Baking parchment
- 13 Oreos
- 80 grams Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 grams White chocolate
- 5 grams Coconut oil (Optional- helps create a nice coating)
- In a food processor blitz up Oreos to a fine crumb (A bag and rolling pin will do if you have no food processor)
- Add crumbs to a bowl. Reserve a few crumbs for decoration (About 1/2 tablespoon)
- Mix in the cream cheese and vanilla until you have a form dough.
- Roll into approx. 15g balls.
- Place on greaseproof paper and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Melt your white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on short blasts until smooth.
- Remove your Oreo balls from the freezer. Dip into the melted chocolate.
- Using a fork lift out the truffle and tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place back onto the greaseproof paper. Once all balls are coated use the extra white chocolate to drizzle on top. Sprinkle with the left over Oreo crumbs.
- Place in the fridge until set.
- Enjoy!! (Keep refridgerated)
- Please keep refrigerated.
- These can be coated in your favourite chocolate, milk chocolate would be so nice too!
- Feel free to use buttercream instead of cream cheese if you can’t eat cheese
- Make these truffles any size you like.
- The coconut oil is optional but it helps create a nice coating and stops the chocolate from blooming in the fridge.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. (Make sure your cream cheese in date for another week when making)
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes