Hello guys! Delicious Nutella and Kinder Fluffy American Style Pancakes just in time for ‘Pancake Tuesday’ This recipe is so over the top but to DIE for.
Have some fun and get creative decorating these pancakes. I used Melted Kinder bars, Crushed Hazelnut, Melted white chocolate, White chocolate chips, Fresh fruit, vanilla Ice-cream, Icing sugar. Or simple keep them pain, either way they will be super delicious. Perfect for Sunday brunch!
I have stuffed these pancakes with Nutella spread to be that bit extra but feel free to leave out this step. They are delicious either way. This recipe makes 12 big pancakes but make them how big or small you wish. Or even double/triple the recipe if you are treating the family. I made my stack 6 pancakes tall but realistically give about 3/4 pancakes per portion. If you make too much you can store them in the fridge for 2+ days and microwave to reheat.
You could stuff these American pancakes with any spread you like. If you can get your hands on some white chocolate hazelnut spread amazing! Or use my Kinder sauce recipe as a topping or stuffing, it would work amazing. Kinder sauce- https://www.gillsbakesandcakes.com/kinder-ella-sauce/
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Check out my reel on Instagram of me making these American pancakes. Happy Baking! <3 Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Nutella Stuffed Kinder Pancakes
- Medium pan
- Baking paper
- 12 Half teaspoons of Nutella spread Optional stuffing
- 220 grams Plain flour
- 250 grams Buttermilk
- 50 grams Melted butter
- 40 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- Melted Kinder bars
- Crushed Hazelnuts
- Melted white chocolate
- White chocolate chips
- Fresh fruit
- Vanilla Ice-cream
- Icing sugar
- All your favourite Kinder products
- Place 12 half teaspoons of Nutella onto some parchment paper and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Get all your toppings of choice in bowls and ready to go.
- Add a large frying pan onto a low heat to warm up while you make your batter.
- Add your flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, buttermilk , eggs and vanilla into a larger bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Lightly grease your pan and keep on a low/medium heat.
- Do one or two pancakes at a time. (Don’t worry if your first pancake is a flop, this always happens)
- Add a small amount of your batter into the pan then gently place your frozen Nutella piece into the pancake then cover this Nutella piece with a little of your pancake batter.
- After about 2 minutes and once 90% of the pancake has cooked on top carefully flip your pancake over and cook for another 2 minutes until light and golden.
- Repeat until all your pancakes are cooked.
- If you want to make sure your pancakes are all warm, stick them in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Now its the fun part! Have some fun and create some delicious stacks of pancakes with all your tasty toppings!
- This mix will make 12 larger pancakes but feel free to make them any size.
- You can leave out the kinder stuffing and make plain American pancakes.
- Top these pancakes with anything you like.
- These are best eaten fresh but can be warmed up the the microwave.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge if you don’t eat them all at once. They will last 2+ days!
- This is the induction hob I used*- Tefal Everyday Induction Hob
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you make this American pancakes recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes