Hey everyone! A very simple recipe for you today! This recipe takes very little time and effort and it just looks and tastes absolutely amazing!!! Think of these truffles as a Ferrero and Nutella brownie flavour, delicious!
First of all, I cook the brownie mix in cupcake cases, this is to cut down prep time. They will cook faster and they will cool faster so its A WIN WIN! The idea of crumbling up the mix when the centre is slightly warm is so that the mixture binds together very easy. Just make sure they ever so slightly warm because you don’t want the cream cheese and Nutella to just melt straight into it.
You can leave out the Nutella filling if you want to make this even easier. Its completely up to you! Feel free to use any type of chocolate to coat your truffles too. I used Callebaut 55% Dark. White chocolate would also be delicious!
NOTE: Please keep these Nutella brownie truffles refrigerated!! They have cream cheese in them so they need to stay in the fridge. They are best eaten if removed from the fridge 10/15 minutes before eating. You can replace this cream cheese with buttercream or use extra Nutella if you like.
These would make such a beautiful gift for someone. If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Nutella Brownie Truffles
- Baking tray
- Cupcake cases
- Baking paper
- 70 grams Butter
- 120 grams Caster sugar
- 35 grams Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30 grams Plain flour
- 50 grams Chocolate chips
- 25 grams Cream cheese
- 1/4 Jar Nutella Chilled
- 150 grams Chocolate I used 55% Dark chocolate
- 40 grams Nutella
- 2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Place your jar of Nutella in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 170C/ 150C Fan. Line a cupcake tray with 6 cupcake cases.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Add Sugar and cocoa powder to a mixing bowl. Pour over the melted butter and whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in your egg until you have a smooth and thick mix.
- Mix in your vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Divide mixture into your 6 cases and bake for 20-22 minutes
- Once cooked, leave to cool until you have the smallest amount of heat left in them.
- Remove from the case and crumble up in a bowl. Add in 25g of cream cheese and 25g of Nutella.
- Mix until it forms together then place in the fridge for about 10/15 minutes to chill.
- Once chilled, Separate dough in portions of about 20g. Ball up then flatten to the palm of your hand. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of Nutella then carefully fold over each side and roll into a firm ball. Place all your Nutella filled balls onto a sheet of parchment and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Once balls are chilled and firm, melt your 40g of Nutella and 150g of chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip a ball one at time into the chocolate, coat with a spoon then remove ball with a fork tapping the extra chocolate off at the side of the bowl.
- Place your balls back onto the parchment paper.
- Once balls are all coated, drizzle with the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Leave balls to set in the fridge until firm.
- These balls need to be kept refrigerated. Pull them out of the fridge about 10/15 minutes before for optimal eating.
- Please keep refrigerated as they have cream cheese in them.
- The cheese can be replaced with buttercream if you want.
- They will last 4+ days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I used this Cocoa powder *- Bournville Cocoa
- This is my cupcake tin I use*- Cupcake Tin
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )