Hey everyone! Mini Egg Krispie squares! My first Easter recipe of the year and of course it is using Mini eggs!! The best easter treat in my opinion. There are so many recipes I’d love to create using these but I said it was definitely time for a new Rice Krispie square recipe.
This is a super simple no bake recipe that involves very little prep. If you wanted to make these even easier you could do a light drizzle of white chocolate and some eggs on top, this will give you a quicker set time. Use whatever chocolate you like on top too. Milk chocolate would also work amazing!
I cut my squares into 9 GIANT pieces. These are really really big rice Krispie squares so cut them smaller if you wish. I mainly cut them this size for the visuals.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Mini Egg Krispie Squares! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mini Egg Rice Krispie Squares
- 9×9 Square tin
- Large heat proof bowl
- Medium pot
- Baking parchment
- 120 grams Unsalted butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 260 grams Rice Kripies
- 300 grams Marshmallows
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 160 grams Mini eggs
- 300 grams White chocolate
- 160 grams Mini eggs optional decoration
- Grease and line a 9×9 square tin.
- Weigh out all of your ingredients.
- Add you butter, vanilla, salt and marshmallows to a heatproof bowl.
- Place bowl over a bain marie and melt gently while constantly stirring.
- Take pot off the heat and quickly fold in your Rice Krispies.
- Place half of the mixture into your baking dish and flatten down.
- Place your 2 bags of mini eggs on top of the mix and slightly press in.
- Place the remaining mix on top and flatten down till level.
- Let mixture set, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over mix. Spread out evenly.
- Decorate with how many Mini eggs you wish. I used full mini eggs and crushed mini eggs.
- Set in the fridge until chocolate is firm. Mine took 1 hour.
- Once set, Remove mix from the tin.
- Portion up into your prefered size. I used a hot knife to cut my slices. This gives you a nice clean cut.
- You can top these with milk Chocolate if you like.
- These will last 3+ days in an airtight container
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- This is the induction hob I used*- Induction Hob
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*- Steel Mixing Bowls
- This is the 9inch tin I used*- Deep Cake Tin
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes
8 thoughts on “Mini Egg Rice Krispie Squares”
Love this recipe so much! Really delicious!
Absolutely fabulous 😍