Hello guys! Mini Egg nest cupcakes! The perfect Easter recipe. A vanilla sponge topped with a colourful silky vanilla buttercream then topped with mini egg nest cakes. They are so delicious and easy to make. You all know I’m a huge fan of a mini egg recipe.
You could use any of your favourite easter mini eggs in this recipe. Cadburys Mini eggs have always been a favourite of mine but there are so many different types available. There are sooo many Easter recipes I want to make if only these products stayed out the whole year!
If you don’t want to make a full batch feel free to half this recipe and make 6. This is a really simple recipe that is perfect for any occasion! They look so good and they will be such a hit, everyone loves mini eggs and they would be the most perfect easter recipe . Or if you would just like to make the chocolate nests by themselves. They are so delicious I love mini egg nest cakes.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mini Egg Nest Cupcakes
- Cupcake tin
- Cupcake cases
- 175 grams Unsalted Butter
- 175 grams Caster sugar
- 175 grams Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 170 grams Unsalted butter
- 340 grams Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pink, Purple, and Yellow food gel (Brown optional)
- 2-3 tsp Milk (To thin out till pipeable)
- 100 grams Cornflakes
- 225 grams Milk chocolate
- 25 grams Butter
- Mini Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Line your cupcake tray with your preferred cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy. Add in your Vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Sieve flour into the mix and gently fold.
- Spoon the cupcake mix into your cupcake cases evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or the sponge springs back in the centre when your press it.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Melt your chocolate and butter in a microwave on short blasts till smooth.
- Combine with your cornflakes.
- Spoon mix into a cupcake tray. If you have a non stick tray just add them straight in, they will pop out with a knife when cold. If you dont have a non stick, add in some cupcake cases first.
- Leave nests to set in the fridge until firm.
- Once set, pop out of the cupcake tray with a butter knife.
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar in 3 separate batches until incorporated well.Whisk in the Vanilla.
- Drop in a little milk at a time to get a nice pipable consistency.
- Separate buttercream into 3 bowls then dye with your food gels.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes.
- Mix some brown food gel with a tiny drop of water then splash the top of you cupcakes to get the speckled egg effect. I used a small brush to do this.
- Top with your chocolate nests. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes