Hello guys, Happy Easter! Mini Egg Millionaires Blondies for you today. A fudgey blondie base layeryed with silky caramel, chocolate and mini eggs! Heaven in a bite! These are sooo delicious and so perfect for an Easter treat.
Guys be super careful when making the caramel. Be careful it dosent splash up on you when it is boiling and please do not touch it at all! Sugar burns are the worst of burns, trust me!! You do not want it to touch your skin at all.
If your caramel is too runny when set this just means you have slightly undercooked the caramel. If your caramel is too hard you have slightly over done it. Not to worry at all because they will still be delicious either way! Working with sugar can always be a little bit trickier but if you follow the instructions on boiling for 5 minutes it will be perfect!
If you can’t get cadburys mini eggs in the shops you can use any other alternative, loads of brands do mini eggs even lidl and Aldi! You can even just leave the tops plain chocolate if you like.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mini Egg Millionaires Blondie
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- 170 grams Butter Room temp
- 200 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 80 grams Caster Sugar
- 250 grams Plain Flour
- 150 grams White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 150 grams Butter
- 150 grams Light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tin Condensed milk (397g)
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 300 grams White chocolate
- Mini eggs Any amount you like
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C Fan. Line 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- Whisk together the soft butter and both sugars till light and fluffy.
- Next, whisk in eggs in one at a time.
- Whisk in Vanilla.
- Once combined, Mix in sieved flour gently. Do not over mix!
- Fold in your white chocolate chips.
- Place mixture into baking tin and smooth down evenly.
- Bake for 32-35 mins. You can vary this on how gooey you would like your brownies. 32 minutes was perfect in my fan oven for a super fudgy/gooey blondie.
- Leave to cool completely then set in the fridge until cold. If you want to get your layers really flat you can gently flatten the blondies as soon as they come out of the oven, I did this using a spatula.
- Add all of your ingredients into a pot and put on a medium heat.
- Using a spatula constantly mix. You dont want anything to catch at the bottom.
- Once your mixture comes to a boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Good idea to set a timer for this to get it perfect! Your mixture will thicken and darken
- Put this mix directly on top of your cooled blondies. Smooth out flat then set in the fridge till cool. Please mind your fingers as the mixture is incredibly hot!!
- Once you caramel has cooled, melt your white chocolate and pour on top.
- Smooth until flat then decorate with loads of mini eggs, whole and crushed.
- Leave to set in the fridge until firm then cut with a hot sharp knife.
- Please be very careful when making the caramel as it is a very hot mix that will burn badly.
- When completely cool use a hot sharp knife to cut your bake, this will give you super sharp cuts.
- Feel free to add mini eggs into the blondie base too if you like.
- In my picture I have cut them into 9 slices but they are veeeeery big, I would definitely advise you to cut into 16.
- I use these food scales *- Digital Scales
- This is the induction hob I used*- Tefal Everyday Induction Hob
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*-20cm Square Cake Baking Tin
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes