Hello everyone! Mini Egg Cookies Cookies for you today! A crispy and gooey cookie packed with milk chocolate and crushed mini eggs. These are a NYC style cookie perfect for any cookie lovers out there!
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container. Then bake them as you want them. These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave to re-melt the chocolate.
If you don’t want to make these mini egg cookies as big as they are you could make them half the size instead. Just make sure to reduce your cooking time according to how many you would like to make. If you don’t want to cook all your cookies at once, you can leave some of your pre made dough balls in the freezer in an airtight container for a few months!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these mini egg cookies!
Mini Egg Cookies
- Electric whisk
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Weighing scales
- 110 grams Butter Room temp
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 60 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 100 grams Milk chocolate chips
- 160 grams Crushed Mini eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and combine till smooth.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Fold until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chocolate chips and crushed mini eggs.
- Portion up 8 even cookie dough balls.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 2 or 3 at a time as they are verrrrry big!
- Bake for 15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie. If you need to give them a tap on the counter to flatten slightly go for it!
- Once baked leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- I made 8 large cookies but feel free to make these bigger or smaller.
- These cookies can be kept in the freezer until you are ready to bake.
- These cookies will last 4+ days in an airtight container.Best eaten on day 1 & 2.
- Best eaten warm, can be warmed up in the microwave, oven or air fryer. I like to reheat in an air fryer as its fast and you get a nice crisp outside.