Hello everyone! I think it’s time for another mini egg recipe what do you think? I’m sorry, I’m obsessed with them! Its also been awhile since I’ve done a cookie bar recipe and these are just the perfect match! Crispy and gooey cookie bars packed with mini eggs, Heaven! These are the perfect easter recipe.
You need to use an 8×8 square tin for this recipe. If you are using a much bigger baking tray you will want to make a bigger batch of the recipe. Just multiply the ingredients. Or instead you can reduce your cooking time. They key to these cookie bars is to have them slightly gooey. It makes them so delicious.
This is a very simple recipe. I love cookie bars because you make your dough and bake straight away no waiting time or chilling beforehand.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- 8×8 Tin
- 115 grams Unsalted Butter
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 60 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 260 grams Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 200 grams Mini Eggs Broken up
- 150 grams Milk chocolate chips
- 30 grams White chocolate
- More mini eggs
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Grease and line a 8×8 square tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and mini eggs very lightly.
- Place the mixture into your lined dish and flatten down.
- Bake for 19-21 minutes. Mine was perfect and slightly gooey at 20 minutes. If you are using a bigger baking tray reduce your cooking time.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut up into 9 portions.
- Melt your white chocolate and drizzle over your portions.
- Place some crushed and whole mini eggs on top.
- Leave to set.
- This will last up to 5 days in an airtight container (Best eaten on day 1 & 2)
- Add in any of your favourite chocolate chips.
- If you want double chocolate cookie bars replace some of the flour with cocoa powder. Approx. 40g
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes