Hello everyone! Mini Egg Chocolate Biscuit Cake for you today! A simple recipe that only uses a handful of ingredients. Its absolutely delicious and it can be made in any mold or tin you like! Super Versatile!
I made mine in a 8×8 square tin, this gave me 16 big chunks! Feel free to use what you have. If you want to half or double this recipe go for it! You will just need to alter the chill time. You could make this recipe in a round cake tin and use it as a birthday cake covered in fondant or buttercream! Its so so versatile. If you want to only make a small amount you could half the recipe and make it in a loaf tin, then cut up into slices! This would be so nice!
With this Mini egg Chocolate Biscuit Cake recipe you can change up the ingredients to whatever you have. Stick with the dark & milk chocolate, condensed milk and butter then add in anything else. This is what I love so much about the recipe. You can change up the biscuits to your favourites or change up the other treats for anything you like. Just stick to the same quantities of what I have in the recipe.
Biscuit ideas– Biscoff, Gingernut, Oreo, Cookies, Shortbread, Caramel digestives, Bourbon creams.
Treat ideas– M&M’s, Kinder bars, Smarties, Ferrero Rocher, Cadburys bars (Caramel would be amazing) Aero bubbles, Toblerone, Reeses, Fudge
When portioning up your biscuit cake please use a knife warmed up in hot water. This will make it so much easier for you! You will get much cleaner slices.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Mini Egg Chocolate Biscuit Cake !
Mini Egg Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Baking paper
- 8×8 Tin
- Medium pot
- Weighing scales
- 220 grams Dark Chocolate
- 220 grams Milk chocolate
- 220 grams Salted butter
- 220 grams Condensed milk
- 150 grams Digestives Crushed into pieces
- 150 grams Shortbread biscuits Crushed into pieces
- 150 grams Rich Tea biscuits Crushed into pieces
- 150 grams Crushed mini Eggs
- Big Handful Mini Marshmallows
- Optional Topping
- 200 grams Milk chocolate
- Crushed Mini Eggs
- Grease and line an 8×8 inch baking tin. Or any tin/mould you like!
- Crush up your biscuits and chop your mini eggs.
- Melt your chocolate and butter over a bain marie until nearly melted. You dont want this mixture to get hot at all you just want to melt it.
- Remove from the heat when theres a few small chunks left. This will make sure your mix dosent get too hot. Mix off the heat until smooth.
- Once smooth, Pour in your condensed milk. Fold through VERY gently until just combined. It will take only a few seconds. (A few streaks is fine as you will be mixing again with the filling) If you over mix you risk splitting the mix and once its split you cant bring it back together.
- Add in your biscuits,marshmallows and mini eggs then fold through just until everything is coated.
- Pour your mix into your lined tin and flatten down. Press the mix down making sure you have no gaps or air bubbles.
- Try get your top as flat as possible.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- For your Topping, Melt your chocolate in the microwave in short blasts until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate on top of your biscuit cake and smooth out till flat. You can give the tin a little jiggle to smooth it over. I also added a drizzle of white chocolate and marbled this through but its completely optional.
- Decorate the top with extra mini eggs if you like.
- Place back into the fridge for about 1 hour until set.
- Once set, Remove your biscuit bake from the tin and slice up with a knife warmed up on a glass of hot water.
You can play around with your fillings just the same quantities. Do not mess around with the chocolate, butter and condensed milk ratio though!
You could change up the biscuits, bars ect.
The topping is completely optional but I like a nice clean top.
Use a hot knife when portioning up as this will give you a nice clean slice.