Hey guys! Mini Egg Brownies! I had so many ideas using mini eggs in an easter bake, it was too hard to choose! I left this decision up to you and most of you wanted brownies. My brownie recipe is so simple to make so I was delighted you all picked them. A bit of fun for all the family.
I would love to create different easter bakes for you so any requests are welcome. Whether it be using cream eggs, caramel eggs, reese’s eggs or even with your left over easter eggs. There is always so many easter eggs!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Creme egg recipe ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mini Egg Brownies
- 8×8 Tin
- Electric whisk
- Baking paper
- 140 grams Butter
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 100 grams Dark chocolate
- 60 grams Cocoa
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 100 grams Plain flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 75 grams Chocolate chips
- 200 grams Mini eggs
- 60 grams Mini eggs for decoration Chopped
- 50 grams White chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C FAN and line 8×8 square tray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave.
- Add these into a bowl with your sugar and mix.
- Next, add one egg at a time into mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in your vanilla.
- Add sieved flour, salt and cocoa powder into your mix and fold.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mini eggs into mix and fold everything together just until its combined.
- Place mix into tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and put on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, melt down the white chocolate. Drizzle the white chocolate over the brownies and sprinkle over chopped mini eggs.
- Place brownies in the fridge for 10 minutes so chocolate can set.
- Remove brownies from the fridge. Remove parchment paper and cut up into 9 portions.
- Updated recipe – 28th March 2021
- Brownies will last 4+ days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Please wait for your brownies to cool before cutting, cut with a hot knife for a sharp slice.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes