Hey guys! A new updated recipe for you today! I created this Millionaires Brownie recipe a VERY long time ago when I first started this blog so I thought I would do a little update on the blog post itself and updated some ingredients/methods for you!
These Millionaires Brownies are just INSANE! Chocolate overload but don’t we all need that sometimes? A rich chocolate brownie topped with a thick layer of creamy caramel covered in a chocolate top. Brownie heaven!!
You can play around with this recipe and change up the chocolate chips or chocolate topping to what you prefer! Wether it be milk, dark, white or even ruby chocolate its up to you! They will all taste incredible.
The trick to getting this traybake super clean and sharp looking is to let each layer cool, its not the recipe to rush at all! You could even do the brownie and caramel part one evening then finish up the next day. Use a warm sharp knife to cut the traybake and you will be so happy with the clean sharp results.
Notes: If your caramel is too runny when set this just means you have slightly undercooked the caramel. If your caramel is too hard you have slightly over done it. Not to worry at all because they will still be delicious either way! Working with sugar can always be a little bit trickier but once your caramel comes to a boil, boil it for 5 minutes as I time it every time and it works a charm. You will notice it become thicker and dark then you know its done.
If you have any questions about this traybake, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Millionaires Brownie recipe!
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking tray
- Electric whisk
- Weighing scales
- Medium pot
- 140 grams Butter
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 60 grams Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 100 grams Plain Flour
- 150 grams Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tin of condensed milk 397g
- 150 grams Brown sugar
- 150 grams Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 200 grams Chocolate Milk or Dark
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add your eggs and sugar to a bowl and whisk until fluffy.
- Whisk in your chocolate and butter mix until combined.
- Fold in the sieved flour and cocoa till just combined.
- Fold through your chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and spread down till nice and flat.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. There will be a slight jiggle in the center of your brownies. Leave to cool completely then place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
- A tip! If you want extremely flat layers, while your brownie is warm using an angled spatula you can press your brownie down to make sure it is as even and flat as possible.
- In a medium pot add in your condensed milk, sugar, butter and golden syrup. Place on a medium heat.
- Let your mix melt while continuously mixing so nothing catches at the bottom.
- Once everything has dissolved bring your mixture to a boil on a higher heat.Boil for about 5-6 minutes until the mixture has thickened and has a deeper colour.
- Pour your caramel on top of your brownies and jiggle your tray to get a nice flat and even layer. Place this back into the fridge until your caramel has set. This will take a few hours.
- Once your caramel has set, melt your preferred chocolate and pour over your caramel. Spread out till even.
- Set the chocolate in the fridge.
- Portion up your bars with a knife warmed up in a glass of warm water and wipe in between each cut.
- Enjoy guys!