Hey everyone! Hope you are all well and having some fun baking. Its really the weekend to bake up some treats for the family. Why not have it Easter themed? Easter is my favourite time of the year for one reason…Maltesers BUNNIES!! They are just absolutely delicious!
You can play around with what Maltesers products you want. There are so many! So use whatever you have or whatever you can find.
You can replace some of the items I used with anything Eg. Teser bars, Maltesers buttons, Maltesers Truffles, Maltesers sweets from celebrations (You can buy gift boxes now…..) I just used what I had at home. Of course I had a load of Bunnies!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 32-35 minutes
- 140g Butter
- 300g Caster sugar
- 70g Cocoa
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Flavouring ( I used 20 drops of https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/vanilla/)
- 60g Plain flour
- 150g Chocolate chips (I used mixed)
- 2 Large Malteser bunnies chopped (Optional)
- 50g Maltesers
- 9 Mini malteser bunnies
- 50g Maltesers
- 50g White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Add Sugar and cocoa to a mixing bowl. Pour over cooled butter and mix.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time, then mix in your vanilla and salt.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking tray. Place chopped up bunnies and maltesers on top of the brownie mix. (See picture)
- Pour the remainder of the mix on top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes then leave to fully cool.
- Melt your chocolate for about 30/40 seconds in the microwave.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag drizzle chocolate over the brownies.
- Place a bunny on top for each portion of brownie.
- Crush your Maltesers and scatter over brownies.
- Decoration is really up to you so have fun and be creative!
- Portion up and enjoy!
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes