Hey guys !! An absolutely delicious one for you today! Lemon Tiramisu, A super simple zesty take on a classic tiramisu. Creamy and citrusy, the perfect dinner party dessert.
Tiramisu is such a simple dessert using only a handful of ingredients but tasty ones! The combination of everything is just to die for and its no bake so it couldn’t be easier! This dessert can be made with or without alcohol just see the quantities in the ingredients list. Limoncello would be a lovely addition but it is definitely not needed at all.
I haven’t included a recipe for lemon curd for this dessert as I wanted a speedy dessert. Shop bought is still absolutely delicious but if you want to go that extra mile, a homemade one would be lovely.
I used a medium size dish to make this dessert which would be about 8 inches. If you only have a large dish you multiply this recipe by two or turn them into individual desserts in a small ramekin or glass. Just follow the same steps but you will need to snap your lady fingers into two or three.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Tiramisu!
- Medium serving dish
- Weighing scales
- Small pot
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 80 grams Caster sugar
- 60 grams Water
- 30 grams Limoncello OPTIONAL
- 14-20 Lady Fingers My dish used 14
- 150 grams Lemon curd
- 250 grams Mascarpone
- 250 grams Double cream
- 150 grams Lemon curd
- Slices of lemon
- Fresh mint
- In a small sauce pan, add in your lemon zest, juice and caster sugar. Place on a low heat and cook while continuously stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Add your mascarpone and lemon curd into a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk your cream until thicken and soft peaks have formed. Overmixing risks your cream mix splitting.
- Fold the lemon/mascarpone mix into your cream, little by little until you have no lumps.
- Now for the lady fingers. Grab you serving dish and cooled syrup. Using half of your lady fingers for your first layer, dip each lady finger one by one into the syrup then onto the base of your dish.
- Next, spread half of your creamy mix on top of your lady fingers and smooth down till even.
- Now repeat your lady finger step but place them on top of this cream layer.
- Place the second half of your creamy mix on top of this and smooth down till flat.
- Cover your dish then place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, overnight is best.
- Just before serving dish the top your tiramisu with a nice layer of lemon curd. I warmed the curd up slightly in the microwave so it would be easy to spread.
- Decorate the top of your tiramisu with slices or fresh lemon and sprigs of mint if you wish.
- Spoon up and enjoy!