Hello everyone! Lemon and Raspberry Traybake Cake for you today. A delicious light and zesty sponge packed with tangy raspberries, topped with a silky lemon buttercream. The perfect fresh summer cake.
If you don’t have am 8×8 inch tray you can still use this recipe. If your tray is larger just reduce the cooking time by a few minutes, if your tray is smaller your cake will be taller so up your cooking time by a few minutes. You could also bake this isn’t two small round tins and bake it as a layer cake. It’s up to you! I just love the ease of a traybake cake.
You can see I cut my traybake into 9 pieces, this was only for the photo. You should get about 12-16 pieces from this cake. Thats if you can control yourself! This is so delicious you might want more than one piece!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Lemon and Raspberry Traybake Cake ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Lemon and Raspberry Traybake Cake
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- 225 grams Unsalted Butter
- 225 grams Caster Sugar
- 225 grams Self raising flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Zested Lemons
- 100 grams Raspberries
- 80 grams Caster sugar
- 80 grams Lemon Juice
- 150 grams Unsalted Butter
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- 1 Zested Lemon
- Handful of raspberries
- Fresh Mint
- 1-2 tsp Milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your lemon zest.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Fold in your sieved flour.
- Fold in the raspberries very gently.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Just before your cake is finished baking mix together your drizzle ingredients.
- Take the cake out of the oven and after 5 minutes poke small holes into your cake with a toothpick and spoon over your drizzle.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches till fully combined.
- Add in your lemon zest.
- Thin the mix out with the milk if needed, add 1 tsp at a time until nice and silky.
- Pipe your buttercream on top of your cake or spoon on and smooth. Decorate with anything you like. I used raspberries, lemon zest and fresh mint.
- This cake will last 4+ days in an airtight container at room temp.
- You could leave out the raspberries and just have a lemon cake if you like.
- You could change up the fruit either Eg. Blueberry and lemon
- Decorate with anything you like.
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*- Steel Mixing Bowls
- This is the 9inch tin I used*- Deep Cake Tin
If you make this cake recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )