Hey guys! I have teamed up Swizzels on this insane new recipe. Parma Violets are such a love/hate sweet and I absolutely love them. I was so excited to create a recipe using them.
This campaign has been created in celebration of Parma Violets Day on Friday 26th June. For a chance to be featured in the first ever Parma Violets recipe book, just submit your recipe idea to Swizzels social pages or through their website www.swizzels.com/parma-violets-recipes .
I never realised how versatile Parma Violets were. Crush them up in a food processor and they can be used the same as icing sugar! #50TastesofPurple #AD. So pop your thinking hats on and have some fun creating a recipe sweet or savoury using these tasty sweets.
The Parma Violets worked so well with the zesty lemon in the drizzle cake. I did a simple lemon sponge with two different Parma Violet and lemon drizzles. I topped this with a Parma Violet butter cream and some handmade Sugar paste flowers. I had so much fun creating this.
Im not going to lie when I say this but I was in absolute shock with how well this turned out. It was so incredibly tasty. The lemon and violet flavour pair extremely well. A lemon drizzle cake but 10 times better. Even my partner was amazed and he wouldn’t be crazy about the sweets.
Would love to see you guys create this recipe or even better create your own recipe!!
Lemon and Parma Violet Drizzle Cake
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
- 225g Butter
- 225g Caster sugar
- 225g Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- Zest from 2 Lemons
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 50ml Lemon juice
- 25g Caster sugar
- 25g Crushed Parma Violets (In a food processor to a fine powder)
- 60g Icing sugar
- 30g Crushed Parma Violets
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- White food colouring (Optional)
- 60g Unsalted butter (Room temp)
- 60g Icing sugar
- 80g Crushed Parma Violets (In a food processor to a fine powder)
- Purple food dye
- 1-2 Teaspoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease your loaf tin and line with parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your lemon zest.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Sieve flour in and then gently fold into wet mix.
- Put cake mix into your loaf tin and bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Just before your cake is finished baking mix together your drizzle ingredients.
- Take the cake out of the oven and after 5 minutes poke small holes into your cake and spoon over your drizzle.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Mix together your Icing ingredients.
- Spoon icing over your cooled loaf cake.
- Leave to set for about 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar till fully combined.
- Whisk in your Crushed Parma Violet till fully combined.
- Add in your desired amount of purple colouring and combine.
- Only thin the mix out if needed with the milk.
- Pipe your buttercream on top of your cake and decorate with anything you like.