Hey guys!! Kinder Cookies. An absolutely delicious recipe for you today. One of my favourite cookie recipes so far!!! They are just the perfect cookie, they are gooey, crispy, creamy and crunchy! Everything I want in a cookie and packed with melty Kinder chocolate and topped with a Kinder happy hippo.
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them. These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave to re-melt your kinder chocolate.
Feel free to leave out the Happy hippo on top. They will be delicious without. You could also top it with other kinder products, more Kinder bars cut down the centre or some Kinder Buenos. Its totally up to you!
If you don’t want to make these are big as they are you could make them half the size instead. Just make sure to reduce your cooking time according to how many you would like to make. If you don’t want to cook all your cookies at once you can leave some of your pre made dough balls in the freezer in an airtight container for a few months!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these kinder cookies! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- Baking tray
- 110 grams Butter Room temp
- 100 grams Light brown sugar
- 60 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 250 grams Chopped Kinder bars
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 6 Kinder hippos
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chopped Kinder bars and fold evenly through your cookie dough.
- Portion up 6 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 130g each.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least and hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 2 or 3 at a time as they are verrrrry big!
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- Once baked remove from the oven and place a happy hippo on top of your cookie and slightly push it in. (OPTIONAL)
- Leave to cool for about 10/15 minutes then tuck in!
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
- These will last 3+ days in an airtight container at room temp. Best eaten fresh out of the oven.
- Reheat in the microwave, oven or air fryer. I always reheat in the air fryer it works so well!
- Feel free to leave out the happy hippo topping or replace with any other kinder product.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray
- Stainless steel prep bowls*- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
Check out my TikTok recipe video here- https://www.tiktok.com/@gills_bakesandcakes/video/6938757177238637830?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes