Hey Everyone! Time for another cupcake recipe.
I have wanted to create a kinder cupcake for a very long time. I wanted to incorporate Kinder bars as well as kinder buenos. One of my favorite chocolate bars. I used my delicious chocolate cupcake recipe with a center core filled with Kinder ganache, topped them with a Kinder chocolate american buttercream and some Kinder buenos.
They turned out exactly how I wanted them , so much Kinder flavour packed into them. You could top these with any Kinder products. Kinder hippos would be amazing!! Have fun baking!
Kinder Bueno cupcakes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20-22 minutes
- 113g Dark chocolate
- 113g Unsalted butter
- 85g Plain flour
- 15g Cocoa powder
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8th of a teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 60ml of boiling water
- 100g of caster sugar
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40ml of buttermilk
- Vanilla Flavouring ( I used 20 drops of https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/vanilla/)
- 120g Kinder chocolate
- 60g Cream
- 160g Unsalted butter ( Room Temp )
- 320g Icing sugar
- 150g Melted and cooled Kinder Chocolate
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 6 Kinder buenos cut in half
- Sprinkles (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan and get your 12 cupcake tin lined with your desired cupcake cases.
- Melt Dark chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- While chocolate mixture is melting sieve all dry ingredients (Flour,cocoa,baking powder and Bicarbonate) into a bowl.
- Add in caster sugar and brown sugar to the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, Mix together the buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
- Remove chocolate mixture and stir in coffee.
- Now it’s time to incorporate both of your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients (Be careful not to overmix as this will result in a dense cake).
- Once combined, scoop mix into cupcake cases evenly. An ice-cream scoop is ideal for this! Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes and then leave to cool.
- Place cream and kinder chocolate into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir till melted. Place aside to cool.
- Melt Kinder chocolate in microwave. Leave to cool.
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using a hand whisk, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar in 3 separate batches until incorporated well.
- Whisk in milk to thin it out if needed.
- Next, Whisk in cooled Kinder chocolate.
- Set buttercream aside.
- Now that the cakes are cool with want to core them. I use a cupcake corer but an apple corer or knife will do the trick. Fill up each cupcake with Kinder ganache. (See picture above for reference)
- (If using a piping back to decorate) Fill up your piping bag. I used a Wilton 1m Tip. Swirl buttercream on top of cupcake and place in half a Kinder Bueno.
- I added some sprinkles which are optional.
- Take a snap of your creation and enjoy!
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes