Hey guys! I have a gorgeous little recipe for you today, Jammy Joeys. Light vanilla sponge coated in sweet jam then tossed in coconut flakes. The perfect little treat!
These little cakes are actually so hard to find in the shops. They are adorable and perfect for the festive season as they look like little snowballs. They are light and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness from the jam and the light coating of coconut.
They are a very simple bake but they look very impressive. You can play around with the flavour of jam or even use a chocolate ganache or spread instead. They are a very similar bake the the Australian Lamingitons.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these French Fancies!
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- Electric whisk
- Palette knife
- 300 grams Unsalted butter
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 300 grams Self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams Jam Your favourite flavour
- 100 grams Coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla then fold in your sieved flour and salt.
- Fold through your milk.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down. Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs bake when you gently press it.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, level the top of your cake with a knife if needed then cut your cake in half down the centre so you have two long rectangles. Cut each rectangle into a square so you have 4 squares. Next, cut each square into 4 smaller squares. You should end up with 16 squares of cake.
- Spread your jam on all sides of each square then dip them into a bowl full of your coconut until all coated well. Tuck in!!