Hello everyone! Jambons! An Irish classic. A super easy jambon recipe packed with gooey cheese sauce and spicy ‘Nduja. These are quick and very easy to make , also super versatile and you can fill them with anything you like!
I made my cheese sauce using a strong grated cheddar but you can change this up and use your go to cheese. I topped my cheese sauce with some cooked ‘Nduja, this spicy sausage worked so well with the creamy cheese sauce and crispy pastry. You can use any filling here or none at all! Some ideas- Cooked chorizo, ham, pepperoni, veggies, sausage. You could even go wild and make a sweet one using custard and fruit!
There are so many different variations you could make with these jambons. I LOVED the creamy cheese sauce and spicy ‘Nduja combo! Serve this with a delicious dip and you have such a special treat! My jambons were so good with relish!
These would be a great picnic treat or perfect for a packed lunch. You can make these Jambons smaller if you wish as this recipe will give you 6 large ones. You could also make these and then freeze them with the fillings. So you can have some ready to cook homemade jambons in the freezer for whenever your fancy a delicious treat! Just make sure your freeze them in an airtight container. It may be easier to chill them in the fridge first before placing them in the freezer so they are easier to handle.
Have some fun and get creative with all your jambon ideas. Let me know what your creations are. If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Jambons ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Medium pot
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry (320g)
- 20 grams Butter
- 15 grams Plain flour
- 200 grams Milk
- 120 grams Cheese I used cheddar
- 6 tbsp Cooked 'Nduja or Ham/Chorizo/Veggies ect.
- 2 Handfuls Grated cheese
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Cook your choice of filling.
- I pan fried some 'Nduja for a few minutes then left it to cool.
- Add your butter to a pot and place on a medium heat until melted.
- Mix through your flour.
- Add in your milk and whisk until you have a sauce thats thick and smooth.
- Stir in your grated cheese and mix till smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Leave your cheese sauce to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out your puff pastry sheet.
- Cut your pastry into 6 even squares.
- Spoon your cheese sauce onto the center of each square. Use up all the sauce between them.
- Sprinkle over your filling of choice ('Nduja)
- Fold the corners of your pastry into the center to create your jambon shape.
- Carefully brush the pastry with some beaten egg.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese on top (Optional)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until nice and golden.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then tuck in!!
- These can be chilled and stored in the fridge. Just reheat in the oven or eat cold.
- Best eaten fresh but can last 1 day in the fridge.
- Use and fillings or cheese you like.
- I got my ‘Nduja in supervalu.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
If you make jambon recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes