Hey guys! An absolutely beauty of a recipe for you! Air-fryer Honey Buffalo Tenders. Simple and absolutely packed with flavour. Tender juicy chicken in a crisp coating dipped in a sweet, spicy and buttery sauce!
A simple yet Delicious recipe that will become a favourite for sure. This recipe can definitely be made in a deep fat fryer or an oven too just cooking times will differ. I recommend getting a food thermometer to get that chicken cooked to perfection. Feel free to make these tenders and just dip them in the sauce separately to keep that extra crispy coating.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Honey Buffalo Tenders.
Honey Buffalo Tenders
Air-fryer Honey Buffalo Tenders. Simple and absolutely packed with flavour. Tender juicy chicken in a crisp coating dipped in a sweet, spicy and buttery sauce!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 People
- Air fryer
- Frying pan
- 700 grams Chicken (I used inner fillets)
- 200 mls Buttermilk
- 30 mls Hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 1/2 Lemon zest & Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 200 grams Plain flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 200 grams Golden breadcrumbs
- 2 Large Eggs
- 150 mls Hot sauce (I used Franks)
- 80 grams Butter (Cold & Cubed)
- 60 grams Honey
- In a bowl, add all your marinade ingredients. Mix, cover then leave in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. The longer you leave it the better.
Coating & Cooking
- Add your flour, egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- One by one, pick a chicken tender out of your marinade bowl and coat in flour. Now dip this tender into the egg. After this, dip your tender into your breadcrumbs and coat well then place on a board. Repeat with all your tenders.
- Now its time to cook! You may need to cook your tenders in 2 or 3 batched depending on how big your air fryer is.
- Cook your tenders for about 15 minutes at 200C until cooked through and crispy. While your tenders are cooking we can make our sauce.
- Add your hot sauce and honey to a pan on a medium heat and warm up.
- Add your butter bit by bit while continuously mixing. Once all combined place in a bowl until your tenders are cooked.
- If you have to cook your tenders in a few batches you could keep them warm in the oven on a low setting.
- Once all tenders are cooked we can dip each tender in the sauce then place on your serving dish.
- Serve with anything you like. I served with chips, garlic dip, celery and left over honey buffalo sauce.