Hello everyone! Healthier Mixed Berry & White Chocolate Muffins ! Finally another muffin recipe for you all. A light and fluffy muffin that is packed with tangy mixed berries and white chocolate chips. A tasty treat that wont make you feel as guilty! These muffins are absolutely delicious! These berry muffin ‘s are probably up there with one of the easiest and quickest recipes on the blog.
Feel free to half or double this berry muffin recipe depending on how many you want to make. This recipe makes 12 decent berry muffins. If you have Tulip muffin cases you can use these, they look so good! You can check out my link in the notes section below for some tulip cases. I used large muffin cases, If you are using slightly smaller cupcake cases you can separate the muffin batter into 14 cases and reduce the cooking time by a minutes or two.
I have made these healthier than my usual muffin recipe by reducing the sugar and fat content. You can make these even healthier and use a sweetener replacement instead of sugar and take out the white chocolate chips. I wanted to keep these to a decent carlorie range for a treat.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Muffins ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Healthier Mixed Berry & White Chocolate Muffins
- Muffin cases
- Muffin tray
- 250 grams Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 50 grams Low Fat Butter
- 50 grams Oil (Veg, sunflower or coconut)
- 100 grams Caster sugar or sweetner alternative
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 160 grams Plain flour
- 100 grams Oats
- 150 grams Frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams White Chocolate chips Optional
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Place 12 muffin cases into a cupcake tin.
- In one bowl, Whisk together your oil, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, Mix your sugar, oats, salt, flour, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients then add in your bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix till just combined. This will take very little work. Do not over-mix. (Took me about 10 seconds)
- Fold through your mixed berries and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin cases evenly. Top with extra oats, berries ect. if you like. I added a sprinkle of brown sugar on top too!
- Bake for 25-28 mins then leave to cool.
- These will last 4+ Days in an airtight container. Delicious warmed up!
- Feel free to half or double this recipe depending on how many you want to make. This recipe makes 12 large muffins.
- The chocolate chips are completely optional.
- If you prefer one berry just use that.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I use these muffin cases in some of my muffins, they look so nice!*-Tulip Muffin Cases
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
If you make this muffin recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )