Hey everyone! SUPER TASTY cookie recipe for you today! I’ve wanted to do a stuffed cookie for awhile now as I had never done one before. I wanted to create a nice chunky and thick cookie recipe that had just the right amount of gooeyness to it and I think I cracked it first time round.
Such a big fan of these. I will 100% be creating some other variations on the stuffed cookie after this. I got my inspiration from the NYC style cookie. I wanted to go down that route. Chunky, Crispy and gooey.
This recipe can be made with or without the Nutella stuffing. I made half my batch stuffed and half plain. They were both incredible. So its up to you guys on what you want to do. I made my cookies super big and got 10 cookies out of the batch. Go big or go home!
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 2 hours beforehand to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them.
Chunky Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 3 hours
Servings: 10 (BIG)
- 10 Teaspoons Nutella
- 225g Butter (Cold & Cubed)
- 200g Light brown sugar
- 120g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs – Large
- 475g Plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour
- 1 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 200g Dark chocolate chips
- 150g Milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 hour before making your cookies, spoon 10 teaspoons of Nutella on some parchment paper and freeze.
- Place Cold butter cut up in cubes into a mixing bowl with both sugars. Mix till you get little nuggets of butter and sugar, it will only take about 30 seconds-1 minute. I used a stand mixer and a paddle attachment to do this.
- Mix in your chocolate this just combined.
- In a seperate bowl sieve together your flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cornflour and salt.
- Slowly add this dry mix into your wet mix.
- Once combined, add in your vanilla and one eggs one at a time.
- Mix till just combined. Be careful not too overmix, you don’t want to form any gluten.
- Weigh out approx 150g portions of dough.
- Remove Nutella from the freezer and form the dough portions around them.
- The lumpier the shape the better. Be careful not to tightly pack the dough. Just gently mould into tall balls.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Bake two cookies at a time because they are very large.
- Leave to cool, if you can resist…
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes